Chapel of St. Joseph – Gornja Bistra (inside the castle Oršić)

Chapel of Saint-Joseph-1

Chapel of St. Joseph, Bistra

Here a high-quality rococo inventory was obtained: the main altar and two side altars low type tabernacle, Emporium and organ as well as the front door. Fields behind the altar are painted altar architecture and figure world.

Pfarrmat to the church of St. Nicholas the Bishop
Crkvena 2, Poljanica Bistranska, Bistra 10298
Tel. +385 1 3390 611
Stjepan Drugčević, pastor
Tel. +385 1 3390 167 (Marica Škrlin, Glöcknerin)
Mass: Last Sunday of the month at 9:30 clock.
visits with notice.

Chapel of St. John the Baptist – Buševec (in place)

It was originally built of wood in 1668, while in 1768 the new ship and the bell tower were built. The main altar obtained, classicist was transferred to the restoration and is now preserved in the new brick chapel, which was also dedicated to St. John the Baptist. Next to the church of St. Barbara in Velika Mlakaund the most precious organ, the chapel is the most important sacred buildings.

parish church of the Visitation
Habdelićeva 14, 10419 Vukovina
Tel. +385 1 6230 300 Đuro Sabolek, pastor
Guided announcement: Katica Detelić, Glöcknerin
Dolenec 23, Buševec

Chapel of St. Francis Xavier – Plešivica (located on a hill outside the village)


Chapel of St. John the Baptist, Buševec

It was built in the period of 1752 bis1757 at the site of the former chapel, during 1822 cultivated a bell tower and the church was restored in 1847. At the facade in a niche the statue of St. Francis Xavier. At gussets can be found medallions of the Evangelists. From furniture from the 18th century. Remained the main altar with four sculptures and architectural Attica area, two side altars in the chapels and the pulpit obtained.

Pfarrmat to the church of St. George
Plešivica, 10450 Jastrebarsko
Tel. +385 1 6293 127
Stjepan Mlinarić, pastor
visits with notice.

Chapel of St. Michael – Samobor

Chapel of Saint-Francis Plesivica_01

Chapel of St. Francis, Plešivica

The Chapel is in the village Taborec, on the slopes of Mount Tepec below the ancient town of Samobor. The church is a medieval, Baroque style building, one of the oldest in the field of Samobor. It was built in the 15th century., And subsequently cultivated in the 16th and 18th centuries., And restored. The land on which the church was raised, was partially leveled and supported, while it was fenced on the west side with a stone grounds and a walled entrance with wrought iron gate post. In the western side of the ship, a choir was built, to which one. Outside of the church, or a path in the same height as the choir and finally passes through a covered bridge In the church several Gothic, profiled door and window frames are in addition to carcasses and plans preserved in stone and a Custody and other details. When the church was in the Baroque style, it was also at the same time, equipped with valuable Baroque altars, the main altar and two side altars. In the south wall of the chancel, a grave stone with the representation of the Crucifixion from 1589 was installed. The chapel is a quite valuable example of Gothic church architecture among the few, in the field of Samobor preserved examples. Later she was also restored in Baroque style.

Pfarrmat to the Church of St. Anastasia
Svete Ane 2, 10430 Samobor
Tel. +385 1 3360 082
visits with notification: Maksimilian Oslaković, NO
Taborec 5, 10430 Samobor,
Tel. +385 1 3360 645

Chapel of the Blessed Virgin Mary From Volavje (Maria Schnee) – Volavje


Chapel of the Holy Virgin of Volavje

It is located in the middle of town, surrounded by a decorated with a Baroque portal wall. Originally a medieval chapel here in the 15th century was built., But already the new church was completed in 1704. The bell tower dates from the 17th century. While he was lifted in the 18th century.. On the eastern side of the chapel a polygonal chapel was grown in 1709. 1732 was walled on the south side of the nave of the vestibule of the chapel. The wall with the portal was built in 1741. On the south wall were found relics of a (late) -mittelalterlichen impression. The large main altar of the Blessed Virgin Mary was in 1706 worked in the Baroque style of the Pauline workshop, together with still four side altars from the 18th century .: Mannerist side altars from the late 17th century. Of St. Stephen (right), the Magi (left ) and two early baroque altars from the early 18th century, the Immaculate Empfängnisses the Holy. Blessed Virgin Mary (left) and of St John of Nepomuk (right), and the pipe organ from 1785 and early Baroque pulpit. The whole complex is a quite rich design and impact on the masses, containment equipment and details of the stonework, which is highlighted by its quality, pronounced. In the series of works of religious architecture around Jastrebarsko this complex is considered one of the most important monuments of religious architecture.

Pfarrmat to the church of St. Peter
Petrovina 92, 10450 Jastrebarsko
Tel. +385 1 6286 099
Gojislav Kovacic, Pastor
Worship: Sundays at 9:00 clock and visits with notice.

Chapel of All Saints – Stara Marča, Kloštar Ivanic (the cemetery)

It has a rectangular nave, a three-sided apse and a bell tower in front of the facade. It was built in the 19th / 20th Century., And contains an altar of the construction period, from classicism. She was also restored.

Interesting facts from the history

The Greek Orthodox Eparchy of St. Offizius of Marča discussed under the direction of Pope Paul V, the question of a union of the Holy See with the Eparchy of Marča. On November 19, 1611, Cardinal Robert Belarmino issued a confirmation that the Episcope Simeon Vratanja has entered into a union with the Roman Orthodox Church. From Pope Simeon was appointed in the areas of present-day Hungary, Slavonia, Croatia to Episcope the Greek othodoxen faithful to the boundary curves of Carinthia. Furthermore, noted the Pope Paul V on November 21, 1611 the decree „Divinae Majestatis arbitrio“ from the canonical establishment of the Greek Orthodox Monastery of Marča that placed under the protection of St. Michael the Archangel and on the site of the former Church of All Saints was built, was guaranteed. Abbot of the monastery Marča the Episcope Simeon was appointed. The Chapel of the Magi – Komin, Sveti Ivan Zelina (on the mountain at settlement)

This church complex (used fenced area around the Church-Event traditional fair celebration) with girding was built during the 18th century.. We would like to highlight, however, particularly an object, the monstrance, a precious sight device with an oval base.


In the outer wall of the chapel, a small, closed altar was raised, with a relief depicting a kneeling peasant with praying hands, a money bowl and the carved 1710 with initials. It is about the farmer Prevarek who found the aforementioned bowl with Roman money, while he was plowing his field with oxen. As the plow tripped over something hard, the oxen took fright and fled away. The surprised farmer went to his knees and promised God that he would build a chapel here, if the oxen bad happens. Since the event ended happily, the farmer fulfilled his vow.

The fair takes place in the chapel on holidays the Nativity of Mary and the Magi, where she was ordained instead.

Hunchback Josip Dužaić, Tel + 385 1 2067 054.

Chapel of St. Joseph, Zaprešić

Neo-Gothic chapel of St. Joseph dates from the year 1885 it was built in a hurry because of the death of the nine-month-old daughter of Ban Jelačić, Anka. It is separated by a septum into a beautiful front part as a sanctuary and a background part as an area for the faithful.

Skip to content